Medicare Supplement rates in Northern California Counties typically have lower premiums compared to the Southern California Counties. Premiums are focused on zip codes and counties. Some companies use zip codes to look up the specific premium other will use counties.
All medicare supplement plans medical coverage are identical regardless of where you live in California. They are federally standardized which means for example; All Plan G’s have identical medical coverage across all companies providing coverage in California. So in most cases you do not have a better plan simply by paying more. Some companies have added extra benefits such as; gym memberships, vision and or hearing discounts, and even over-the-counter supplies from CVS.
If you are looking for dental, it will typically be a separate policy altogether. Most of the medicare supplement companies also have dental plans. You do not need to have both plans with the same company. Most will mix-n-match.
Medicare Supplement Rates:
Aetna – Anthem – Blue Shield – Health Net – Mutual of Omaha
The Most Popular Plans: F, G, N
- Plan F = 100% hospital coverage – 100% outpatient. No deductibles, copays or percentages.
- Plan G = 100% hospital coverage – $226 annual outpatient deductible then 100% coverage.
- Plan N = 100% hospital coverage – $226 outpatient deductible then $20 copay per outpatient visit.
Plan F is now limited to those who were on medicare prior to January 1 2020.
Why Choose a Medicare Supplement?
- Freedom of choice with doctors and hospitals. You can see any doctor or hospital in the U.S. who accepts Medicare. That’s over 95% of all providers nationwide.
- Very comprehensive coverage. Medicare Supplement plans F, G and N provide very comprehensive coverage. Plan F is 100% coverage, no copays, deductibles or percentages. You don’t pay when you see a doctor or are hospitalized, and Plan G only has a small $198 annual deductible.
- Very Little Change. Medicare supplement plans, coverage and benefits rarely change from year to year. On the other hand, medicare advantage HMO plans change their benefits, deductibles, out of pocket maximum and their network of doctors and hospitals yearly.
California has the “Birthday Rule.” This is a great way to change companies without needing to pass medical underwriting. The Birthday Rule starts on your birthday and moves forward sixty days, this is the time you may submit an application to the new company. The guaranteed enrollment is for anyone who is currently enrolled in a Medicare Supplement policy and wishes to change to any company offering medigap plans in California, and he change can be made to the same plan or you can also downgrade. Upgrades must pass medical underwriting.
Comparing all Norther California Medicare Supplement plans is easy. I have the rate charts available to anyone for viewing. No personal info is needed, simply click on the company link above and go to the rate chart.
Thanks for stopping by.