Anthem Medicare Supplement & Medicare Advantage 2021
The Annual Open Enrollment (AEP) ends December 7. All changes made during this time will have a January 1 start date. Please call me with questions!!
- Medicare Supplement Plans – Innovative F, G and N
- Medicare Advantage Plans – HMO and PPO
- Anthem Dental (PPO & HMO)
Anthem Blue Cross Medicare Supplement (Medigap) plans G, F and N, and Anthem’s Medicare Advantage HMO and PPO plans for California residents. Both types of plans are for anyone who is now on Medicare. No other policy can rival a Medicare Supplement with (access to care) doctor & hospital access, or the comprehensive benefits. Also, Silver Sneakers Fitness Program is included with all Anthem Medicare Supplement Policies.
2021 Anthem Plans: Medicare Supplement – MediBlue Plus HMO – Part D Rx
- Plan F = 100% coverage.
- Plan G = $203 deductible, then 100% coverage.
- Plan N = $203 deductible, then $20 copay for outpatient visits.
- All three provide 100% coverage for Inpatient Hospital services.
New To Medicare Discount: Save $240 – Anthem offers a “New to Medicare” discount of $20 per month off your Medicare Supplement plan F premium. As long as you are within 6 months of your Medicare Part B effective date, the discount is for the first 12 months of coverage and will end at the policy’s one year anniversary.
Household Discount Program: Share the savings with household members and Save 5% when more than one member in your household is enrolled in one of our Medicare Supplement insurance plans.
6-Month Rate Guarantee – When you are new to an Anthem Medicare Supplement policy, you will enjoy at least a 6 month rate lock regardless of any rate adjustments the company goes through.
Anthem “Innovative” Plan F Medicare Supplement:
The New Anthem “Innovative” Plan F provides the same coverage as the traditional Plan F but now also offers ‘hearing’ and ‘vision’ benefits at no additional cost. And coming soon are Innovative Plans G and N. Anthem (Nevada) now has Innovative Plans F, G and N.
Hearing Benefit (Included):
- 1 routine hearing exam every 12 months ($0 copay – in network)
- Fitting evaluation for a hearing aid(s).
- $750 allowance toward a hearing device(s) every year, including year supply of batteries.
- Hearing Care Solutions Network
Vision Benefit (Included):
- $25 Exam copay – once every 12 months (In network)
- $25 lens copay – once every 12 months.
- $100 allowance for frames – every 24 months.
- $100 allowance for contact lenses – every 12 months, in lieu of eyeglass lenses.
- Blue View Insight Network of Providers
Nurseline (Included) – Provides access to a registered nurse 24/7.
Is Your Medicare Starting Soon? For most people turning 65, Medicare Part A (Hospital) starts automatically. Medicare Part B (outpatient), on the other hand may not start automatically when turning 65. If you are not going to start your S.S. income at age 65, or if you are on an employer health insurance plan, you will most likely need to enroll in Part B.
To confirm your “B” coverage starts when you want it to, go to the Social Security Admin website, https://www.ssa.gov/benefits/medicare/, create a profile and enroll in Part B. Or, call S.S.A at; 800-772-1213, or, walk into a local Social Security office and tell them you want to start your Medicare Part B.
Once you have confirmation your Medicare A and B have a start date, enrolling in any of the Medicare plans (Medicare Supplement, Medicare Advantage or Part D Rx plan) is simple and quick. Call me anytime, I’ll be happy to walk you through the process.
4 Reasons to purchase a Medicare Supplement?
- FREEDOM OF CHOICE. You can see any doctor or hospital in the U.S. who accepts Medicare (no networks to fuss with). If a person wants access to different doctors, specialists and hospitals, a Medicare Supplement provides that flexibility.
- COVERAGE. Most Medicare Supplement’s provide very comprehensive coverage. Plan F is 100%, Plan G is 100% after a small $203 deductible and Plan N has the $198 deductible and $20 copay.
- VERY LITTLE CHANGE from year to year. Medicare Supplement coverage and benefits rarely change from year to year. Where Medicare Advantage plans tend to change benefits, deductibles, Rx coverage and doctor and hospital networks every year.
- ENROLL OR CANCEL YEAR-AROUND. If you wish to cancel or switch companies, you can simply cancel and go back to original medicare, or apply to a new company, it’s that simple.
With any Medicare Supplement plan you are able to receive services from any doctor or hospital in the U.S. who accepts Medicare. That’s nearly 95% of all providers nationwide. Freedom of choice and comprehensive plan benefits, there’s nothing better than a Medicare Supplement. Call today for help with enrolling in your new plan.
2021 – Anthem Medicare Advantage (HMO & PPO):
- NEW Medicare PPO in Northern California Counties
2021 Anthem MediBlue HMO & PPO … Open Enrollment for Medicare Advantage & Part D Rx plans is from October 15 through December 7. This is a great time to find the best 2021 Part D Rx plan for your medication list. If you are new to Medicare you have 3 months to enroll in a Medicare Advantage, or if coming off of an employer health insurance plan, you have 60 days to enroll. Call me if you need any little help finding the right plan.
Medicare Part D Rx:
How to Find the Best Medicare Part D Rx plan … You will also need to enroll in a separate Medicare part D Rx plan, which will help you pay for your prescription costs. A good place to start you search is right here. Simply email a list of your current medications along with the dosage and frequency. I’ll enter the information into the Medicare system, to come up with the top 3 plans for your prescription list. The results will show the best three plans for coverage and cost for your medications. I will then email the results to you.
California Birthday Rule:
In California, there is a very unique annual option called the Birthday-Rule, you can read more about it here. If you currently have a medicare supplement policy in place, the Rule allows you to switch to a new medicare supplement company without a medical review. In other words the change is guaranteed regardless of health status. The rule allows you to submit a new enrollment form from your birthday and moving forward 30 days. You can move to the same plan or one with less benefits. If you wish to move to a more comprehensive plan, there is a company which allows this, call me for details.
OPEN-ENROLLMENT – Do you Qualify for a Medicare Supplement… Medicare Supplement policies do not have an annual open-enrollment period like Medicare Advantage policies. In order to be offered a policy on a guaranteed issue basis, one must enroll within 6 month of starting Medicare Part B, or within 2 months of exiting an employer health insurance policy.
During this ‘open enrollment’ period Anthem Blue Cross or any other company must enroll you into the Medicare Supplement plan of your choice. You can use your Open Enrollment privileges more than once during the 6 months after starting your Medicare Part B coverage. For example, you may change your mind about your initial company or policy you enrolled in, cancel it, and enroll in a new Medicare plan from the same or different company.
Your right to Open Enrollment is absolute … The 6-month window starts the first day of the month when your Medicare Part B coverage goes into effect. Also, if you have stayed on an “Employer Health Insurance Plan” long after the 6-month window expires. You can still take advantage of “Guaranteed-Issue” rights when leaving a Group Health Insurance plan.
Medicare Part B “Excess Charges”
Medicare “Excess Charges” … These are extra charges a doctor can apply if the doctor does not accept the Medicare “fee schedule.” The doctors are still considered Medicare doctors, although under a different contract. Some Medicare Supplement plans pay excess charges, and some don’t. Plan N does not.
Under Age 65 on Medicare:
Under Age 65 Medicare Supplement … For the Medicare Member who is on disability and under age 65. Some states make the insurance companies provide Medicare Supplement policies to those who wish to enroll as long as the enrollment is during a guarantee-issue time frame. Some states to not provide under age medicare supplement policies so the only available options are to stay on original Medicare or enroll in a Medicare Advantage plan.
Silver Sneakers Fitness Program “Included”
Anthem includes Silver Sneakers fitness program with all of their Medicare Supplement and Medicare Advantage plans. SilverSneakers is the premier fitness program provided at no cost with all Anthem Medicare Supplement policies. Millions of members, thousands of gyms. Classes designed for all abilities. And our community is active, welcoming and fun.
With a medicare supplement policy, you are able to cancel your policy at anytime of the year. If you don’t want you policy any longer, you can cancel and go back to original medicare, it’s that simple.
- Stable premiums. In most cases, Anthem members will pay less over a 3 to 5 year period compared to other companies.
- Access to any physician or hospital who is Medicare-Approved in the US. (No referrals necessary).
- No out of pocket costs when you see a doctor or hospital with Innovative Plan F.
- Policy cannot be canceled from underneath you regardless of claims history.
- No claim forms.
- Some companies will have two rates; a “new member rate” and also a “current member rate.” They will advertise the lower “new customer ” rate, while their existing members are paying the higher “current customer rate.” Anthem doesn’t play these games, they have only “1” rate sheet which I provide for your viewing.
- How and when to apply for Medicare A and B
- How Much does Medicare Part B Cost?
- How often are Medicare Preventive services covered?
There are 11 Federally standardized Medicare Supplement plans (A, B, C, D, F, High Deductible F, G, K, L M and N). All insurance companies offering Medicare Supplement plans must offer Plan A, although do not have to offer any others. The Anthem Blue Cross Medicare Supplement plans consist of plans; A, F, G and N.
Original Medicare is essentially a national health care program for people age 65 or older, or for individuals under age 65 with certain disabilities and / or with ESRD (end-stage renal disease – kidney failure). Original Medicare is quite good coverage, although there are many gaps (deductibles, coinsurance, copays, etc.) which are not covered by Medicare that you need to be aware of.
MEDICARE COVERED SERVICES … In general, Medicare covered services are considered medically reasonable and necessary to the overall diagnosis and treatment of the beneficiary’s condition. Services or supplies are considered medically necessary if they:
- Are proper and needed for the diagnosis or treatment of the beneficiary’s medical condition.
- Are furnished for the diagnosis, direct care, and treatment of the beneficiary’s medical condition.
- Meet the standards of good medical practice.
- Are not mainly for the convenience of the beneficiary, provider or supplier.
30-DAY FREE LOOK … If you are still not sure whether to keep your Anthem Blue Cross Medicare Supplement policy, you can simply cancel the policy and receive all of your money back … No questions asked.
ENROLLING IS QUICK & EASY … Call or email today for the enrollment form in your state. Then simply complete the Anthem Medicare Supplement application and either fax, email or mail it back to me, I’ll make sure the application process is quick and accurate and you are enrolled with your desired effective date.
Be Careful … Medicare Stops at the Border
If you are traveling outside the U.S., Medicare does not travel with you. Travel insurance is affordable and provides very comprehensive coverage. Click here for a quote
No Cost Help … I work with nationally recognized insurance companies to give you the quality, affordable insurance you’re looking for. I will never spam you or share you name, email or phone with anyone. Best of all, my assistance is no cost to you.
Thanks for stopping by. If you have questions, the “Comment Form” is below. Or, feel free to call or email anytime … Thank you.