Medicare Supplement rates for anyone living in and around the Sacramento area, Medicare members have several Medicare plan choices, such as; Medicare Supplement’s which provide the best “access” to doctors and hospitals, and the best coverage options for their medical needs.
Also available in Sacramento, Placer, Eldorado, Yolo and Sutter Counties are Medicare Advantage HMO plans. These are for the person looking for a low to “no” premium plan. The HMO will be very restrictive with who you can see, especially when needing a particular specialist. Coverage is sound and of course the monthly premium is typically $0.
So if you are looking for freedom to choose your own doctors, specialists and hospitals coupled with very comprehensive coverage, and are not too concerned with the higher premiums, then a Medicare Supplement plan from companies like; Blue Shield, Mutual of Omaha, Aetna, Anthem or Health Net will most likely meet your needs quite nicely.
Popular Medicare Supplement Plans:
- Plan F, is the “Cadillac” plan. No deductibles, copay or percentages when you see a doctor or hospital. 100% coverage.
- Plan N, is a lower priced Medicare Supplement plan also with very comprehensive benefits. 100% coverage for hospitalization. The member is responsible for the Medicare Part B annual deductible of $198 and a $20 copay whenever you visit a doctor, lab or x-ray.
- Plan G, is very similar to Plan F although with plan G you are responsible for the Medicare Part B deductible of $198.
If your primary concern is monthly premium and you don’t mind a HMO system which is inflexible with doctor choice but offers good benefits. Then a HMO should work well for you.
Feel secure that if something changes with your health and you are enrolled in a Medicare Supplement plan, you are able to use all of these Sacramento area hospitals including but not limited to: Sutter, Mercy, U.C. Davis, Methodist, Shriners and Vibra.
If you are traveling outside of the Sacramento area, and need medical attention, you can see any doctor, specialist and hospital in all 50 state who accepts Medicare.
Medicare Supplement plan eligibility:
You can apply for a Medicare Supplement plan insurance policy if you are:
- A resident of a state where the policy is offered
- Enrolled in Medicare Parts A and B
- Age 65 or over or, in some states, under age 65 with a disability and/or end stage renal disease (plan offerings and eligibility vary by state).
Plus, you may qualify for guaranteed issue into a Medicare Supplement plan, regardless of your medical history, if you meet certain criteria such as applying during your Medicare Supplement Open Enrollment Period.
Travel Insurance – Medicare does not provide coverage outside the U.S.
[contact-form][contact-field label=”Name” type=”name”][contact-field label=”Email” type=”email”][contact-field label=”Phone” type=”text”][contact-field label=”Questions & Comments:” type=”textarea”][/contact-form]