Health Net now has a Medicare Supplement Plan N in California. Plan N like all of the other Medicare Supplement plans provide very comprehensive medical coverage, along with freedom of choice with all doctor nationwide who accept Medicare. That is nearly 95% of all doctors.
The Most Popular Plans: F, G, N
- Plan F = 100% hospital coverage – 100% outpatient. No deductibles, copays or percentages.
- Plan G = 100% hospital coverage – $198 annual outpatient deductible then 100% coverage.
- Plan N = 100% hospital – $198 outpatient deductible then $20 copay per outpatient visit.
Medicare Part D Rx coverage – Medicare Supplement policies do not include Rx coverage, so you will need to add a Medicare Part D Rx plan to help pay for your prescription costs. There are typically 30 plans in each county. Please feel free to contact me and I can run the comparison for you to see which plan provides the best overall coverage for your medication list.
The plan N deductible is actually the Medicare Part B deductible which is not covered by Plan N. Since Plan N does not pay for the Medicare Part B deductible, the deductible amount may change from time to time. Next year may stay the same or possible go up. Regardless of possible changes in the future, Plan N is still a very good value. Hospital coverage is payed at 100% and the 20% outpatient charges are also covered by Plan N.
Health Net Medicare Supplement plans include; Plans F, G and N. Both F and G plan are also available as “Innovative” plans which include Vision and Hearing benefits. The F and G medical benefits are identical with both the traditional and Innovative plans. The only difference is the vision and hearing coverage with the Innovative plan.
VISION Services (EyeMed.com Network)
- Routine Eye Exam – One every 12 months ($10 copay – In network)
- Frame and lens package (Any frame and lens available at provider location) Once every 24 months – $250 Allowance.
- Contact lenses – Includes materials only, once every 24 months – $250 Allowance.
HEARING Services (Hearing Care Solutions Network)
- Hearing Exam – One Exam every 12 months – $0 copay
- Hearing Aid(s) – Two hearing aids every calendar year
All sizes and styles offered by Hearing Care Solutions.
Four levels of technology to choose from. All instruments are fully digital. You Pay: Level 4 = $1,580, Level 3 = $1,125, Level 2 = $700, Level 1 = $0
The vision and hearing coverage is included in the “Innovative” plans F and G. These are not optional benefits.
BIRTHDAY RULE – Remember, the easiest time to switch Medicare Supplement companies is from your birthday and moving forward 30 days. In California this is called the Birthday Rule. Switch to a Health Net plan during this time, it’s guaranteed. If you are a current medicare supplement member with another company you can switch to one of the Health Net plans regardless of your current health status. Move to a plan with the same benefits or to one with a lower level of coverage.
No Cost Help … there is no charge for my services. The insurance companies provide a fee for me to help with coverage options, enrollment and service.
Please contact me anytime for a free comparison.