The Blue Shield Medicare Plan G Inspire plan, is the same as any other Plan G except with the Inspire plan, you will enjoy extra benefits such as;
- A One-Year Classic AAA Membership – with 24/7 roadside assistance, annually upon enrollment.
- Teladoc – Teladoc provides physician consultations by phone or video.
- Over-the-counter items through CVS – Eligible over-the-counter (OTC) items such as aspirin, vitamins, bandages, and cold and cough preparations are available through the OTC Catalog.
- Over the Counter – $100 per quarter value. CVS Over the Counter brochure.
- NurseHelp 24/7 – Connect with a registered nurse who will listen and offer immediate, reliable information about treating minor illnesses or injuries.
New to Medicare Discount of $25 per month for the first twelve month you are enrolled in a Blue Shield Medicare Supplement plan G, G Extra and G Inspire.
Hearing aid benefit – Includes an annual hearing test for the appropriate type of hearing aid and a copay for a selection of mid-level and premium-level hearing aids from EPIC Hearing Healthcare.
Vision benefits – Includes coverage for exams, frames, and eyeglass or contact lenses.
Benefits of the Medicare Supplement “Birthday Rule.” If you are currently enrolled in a Medicare Supplement policy, you are allowed to change companies or plans without needing to to answer health questions and pass medical underwriting. The Birthday Rule allows you to make changes, guaranteed regardless of health status. You are allowed to enroll, from your birthday and moving forward for 60 days. Typically, the effective date of the new policy is the first of the month following receipt of the application.
Plan G Inspire plan is available only in the following counties:
Alameda, Alpine, Amador, Butte, Calaveras, Colusa, Contra Costa, Del Norte, El Dorado, Fresno, Glenn, Humboldt, Kings, Lake, Lassen, Madera, Marin, Mariposa, Mendocino, Merced, Modoc, Mono, Monterey, Napa, Nevada, Placer, Plumas, Sacramento, San Benito, San Francisco, San Joaquin, San Mateo, Santa Clara, Santa Cruz, Shasta, Sierra, Siskiyou, Solano, Sonoma, Stanislaus, Sutter, Tehama, Trinity, Tuolumne, Yolo, and Yuba.
Most Popular Medicare Supplement Plans: F, G, N
- Plan F = 100% coverage.
- Plan G = $226 deductible, then 100% coverage.
- Plan N = $226 deductible, then $20 copay for outpatient visits.
- All three provide 100% coverage for Inpatient Hospital services.
Blue Shield Product Offerings:
- Medicare Supplement
- Medicare Advantage (Blue Shield 65 Plus)
- Medicare Part D Rx Prescription Plans
Enrolling in a Blue Shield Medicare Supplement plan is quick and easy, in many cases, no medical information is necessary. And don’t forget about the Medicare Part D Rx plan, to help cover you prescriptions. Most Medicare Supplement members will “mix-n-match” plans. There are typically 30 plans in each county, so it’s wise to run a comparison to make sure you have the best plan to cover your medication list.
If you are new to Medicare, your “initial open-enrollment” period lasts six months for a Medicare Supplement, and three months for a Part D Rx plan or Medicare Advantage plan. Most will enroll in a medicare plan to match up with their medicare start date.