The 2021 Anthem MediBlue HMO plan is available to any Medicare member in Kern County for the 2020 plan year. The Anthem Medicare Part D Rx plan is also included at no additional cost.
2021 Anthem MediBlue Plus Plan: (Plan details)
- Monthly Premium: $0
- Primary Care Visit: $0
- Specialist Care Visit: $0
- Annual Deductible: $0
- Hospital care: $0
- Out of Pocket Maximum: $2,800
- $3,000 maximum plan benefit for hearing aids every year.
- Dental – 1 free visit and cleaning.
- Vision – 1 vision exam ($0 copay), plus the plan covers up to $100 for eyeglasses or contact lenses every year.
Optional Dental & Vision:
- Package #1: Preventive Dental Plan
- $22 per month.
- 2 exams & cleanings per year
- Package #2: Dental & Vision
- $33 per month, $1,000 per year dental benefits.
- 2 exams & cleanings, 50% coverage for major services such as root canal, surgical extractions, etc.
- Vision: $150 reimbursement for frames, lenses or contacts per year.
- Package #3: Dental & Vision
- $56 per month. Dental is $2,000 per year coverage and also includes dentures and implants.
- Vision includes $200 per year for frames, lenses, contacts.
2021 will see more change for the counties of California. Medicare Advantage plans change every year, some quite a bit, others not so much, but they all change from year to year.
Open-Enrollment starts October 15 and ends December 7. All changes and new enrollments take effect on January 1. Call me on October 1, that is when I will have access to all Medicare Advantage companies and plans through out California. Or check back here, I should have the information online.
Anthem MediBlue Select (HMO) and Anthem MediBlue Plus (HMO) are Medicare Advantage and prescription drug plans, which includes hospital, medical and prescription drug benefits in one plan. To join these plans, you must be entitled to Medicare Part A, enrolled in Medicare Part B and live in our service area. Our service area includes: CA: Kern County.
With these plans, you must use a provider in the plan’s network. If you use providers that are not in our network, the plan may not pay for these services.
Preventive Care Screenings = $0 copay
Abdominal aortic aneurysm screening, Alcohol misuse counseling, Annual “Wellness” visit, Bone mass measurement, Breast cancer screening (mammogram). Cardiovascular disease (behavioral therapy). Cardiovascular screening, Cervical and vaginal cancer screening, Colorectal cancer screenings (colonoscopy, fecal occult blood test, flexible sigmoidoscopy), Depression screening, Diabetes screenings and monitoring, HIV screening, Lung cancer screenings, Medical nutrition therapy services, Obesity screenings and counseling, Prostate cancer screenings (PSA), Sexually transmitted infections screenings and counseling, Tobacco use cessation counseling (counseling for people with no sign of tobacco-related disease), Vaccines, including flu shots, hepatitis B shots, pneumococcal shots.
Remember when you enroll in the Anthem Medicare HMO plan, you will need to choose a Primary Care Physician form their list of contracted doctors.
Choose a doctor – contact me and I will send you a list of doctors in your area.
Open Enrollment … The Annual Open Enrollment period starts October 15 and ends December 7 for a January 1 effective date. If you are replacing another Medicare Advantage plan, you do not need to cancel your old plan. By enrolling in the new plan during open enrollment, your previous Medicare Advantage plan will automatically cancel on December 31, and you new plan will start January 1, 2020
- 2021 Other Medicare Plans in your area … click here
To Enroll … Call or email for the correct enrollment form. Once complete simply fax, email or mail the forms back to me for processing. I’ll make sure your enrollment is quick and with the desired start date.
Question, or help with enrollment, please call anytime.