2021 Medicare Supplement plans and rates from Blue Shield in the Sacramento region.
Sacramento County, Placer County, El Dorado County and Yolo offer some of Blue Shield’s most competitive rates. Residents in these areas should consider Blue Shield when shopping for a Medicare Supplement policy of their own or for a family member.
Blue Shield now offers several Medicare Supplement Insurance Plans: Plan A, G, G Extra and Plan N. The plans vary in price, and each health plan offers a different set of benefits.
Blue Shield also offers affordable dental and dental+vision PPO for Medicare Supplement Plan members. Explore our dental and dental+vision PPOs, and when you sign up for one of our supplement plans, select the dental or dental+vision plan that meets your needs.
All our Medicare Supplement Plans include the use of plan extras that help you manage your health and well-being.
- Medicare Supplement Rates: Aetna, Anthem, UnitedHealthcare, Health Net.
Explore the SilverSneakers benefit and wellness discounts available to Medicare Supplement Plan members with Blue Shield of California.
With Blue Shield of California Medicare Supplement Plans, it’s easy for you to get fit, have fun and make friends using a complimentary SilverSneakers® Fitness Program membership. SilverSneakers members have access to more than 11,000 participating locations across the country, including 24 Hour Fitness, YMCAs and many others. Women-only locations, including Curves®, are also available nationwide.
Convenient locations throughout California can be found by ZIP code at http://www.silversneakers.com/.
At each participating location, on-site staff members are available to help SilverSneakers members meet their personal wellness goals. Locations offer amenities such as exercise equipment and SilverSneakers fitness classes designed specifically for older adults and taught by certified instructors.
SilverSneakers Steps is a personalized fitness program that can fit the lifestyle of members who may not have convenient access to a SilverSneakers location (location is 15 miles or more from their home). Steps members receive a kit with the wellness tools they need to help get fit.
Complement your basic health plan benefits with access to support and with enhanced tools for overall wellness — by phone, online, and in-person. Here are some of the highlights.
- NurseHelp 24/7SM: Access our 24-hour nurse-line service either by phone or a secure online environment for medical questions and concerns.
Take advantage of the many convenient wellness discounts we offer to help you save money and stay healthy. These discounts are not Medicare Supplement plan benefits, but are available to all Blue Shield of California members, at no additional cost or paperwork.1
- Routine eye-care discounts: Receive a 20 percent discount on frames and lenses.
- Hearing-aid discounts: As a Blue Shield member, you are eligible for various discounts on products, supplies, and services from our contracted provider, Connect Hearing (previously known as Newport Audiology).
- Alternative health services discount program: Blue Shield members are also eligible for 25 percent savings on acupuncture, chiropractic, or massage therapy when you see one of our contracted wellness providers. The Alternative Care Discount Program1 is offered by American Specialty Health Systems, Inc., and American Specialty Health Networks. American Specialty Health Networks has a broad network of screened, credentialed, complementary healthcare providers who offer comprehensive, convenient, and flexible complementary healthcare services.
- Alternative Care Discount Program – American Specialty Health Systems, Inc., and American Specialty Health Networks
- Discount Vision Program – MES Vision
- LASIK and PRK – Laser Eye Care of California LLC
- Connect Hearing, Inc. – Discount may not be available in all areas. Currently the hearing-aid discount, offered through Connect Hearing, Inc. is available in the following counties: Alameda, Contra Costa, Imperial, Los Angeles, Orange, Placer, Riverside, Sacramento, San Bernardino, San Diego, San Luis Obispo, San Mateo, Santa Clara, and Sonoma.
The Blue Shield Plan F and Plan N are the two most popular plans for Sacramento residents. F, if you want 100% coverage for almost all Medicare approved services. Plan F is our most popular plan and includes coverage for Medicare Part A and B deductibles, copayments and coinsurance, plus skilled nursing facility care, 100 percent coverage of Medicare Part B excess charges and more.
Plan N if you are looking for a little price break along with a plan that has an annual deductible of $198 and a $20 copay for all outpatient visits. With plan N you will also need to become aware of “Excess Charges” and how they work.
Blue Shield has a New to Medicare Discount: Save $25 each month on your Medicare Supplement Plan rates if you’re new to Medicare Part B. Blue Shield of California offers a $25 savings1 each month for 12 months on your Medicare Supplement Plan rates.
To qualify, you must be age 65 or older, and Blue Shield must receive your application within six (6) months of the date you first enrolled for benefits under Medicare Part B. Savings will be effective for the first twelve 12 months of your plan dues.
If you would like to enroll in a Blue Shield Medicare Supplement plan, please contact me and I’ll make sure your enrollment is accurate and with the effective date you are requesting.
No Cost Help … there is no charge for my services. The insurance companies provide a fee for me to help you with enrollment and service.
Please feel free to reach out to me by phone (916) 682-1117 or email at email@example.com or simply complete the brief information request form below.