The 2023 Blue Shield Medicare Supplement plans are available in every zip code of California.
Who is eligible? All California residents age 65 and older who are enrolled in Medicare Parts A and B at the time of application.
You may apply to enroll in Blue Shield’s Medicare Supplement plans; F Extra, G, G Extra or N if you are 65 or older, you are a resident of the State of California, and you are enrolled in Medicare A and B.
F Extra and G Extra:
These are “Extra” benefits added to the Medicare Supplement plans G Extra and F Extra at no additional cost.
- Gym membership through SilverSneakers.
- Hearing Aid Services through EPIC Hearing Healthcare (Hearing Aids).
- Vision Services though Vision Service Plan (VSP). Exam, eyeglass and frame along with contact lenses.
- Over the Counter items through CVS. Eligible over the counter items up to $100 per quarter.
Included with all Blue Shield Medicare Supplement plans:
- SilverSneakers fitness and wellness programs.
- NurseHelp 24/7
Blue Shield also has 2 Medicare Prescription Drug plans: Blue Shield Rx Enhanced (PDP) no annual deductible, and Blue Shield Rx Plus (PDP) $480 annual deductible.
Plans to fit your budget and your needs …
Whether you’re considering a flexible Medicare Supplement plan, prescription drug coverage, or a comprehensive Medicare Advantage plan, we have the right plan for you.
Why Choose a Medicare Supplement?
- Freedom of choice with doctors and hospitals. You can see any doctor or hospital in the U.S. who accepts Medicare. That’s over 95% of all providers nationwide.
- Very comprehensive coverage. Medicare Supplement plans F, G and N provide very comprehensive coverage. Plan F is 100% coverage, no copays, deductibles or percentages. You don’t pay when you see a doctor or are hospitalized, and Plan G only has a small $198 annual deductible.
- Very Little Change. Medicare supplement plans, coverage and benefits rarely change from year to year. On the other hand, medicare advantage HMO plans change their benefits, deductibles, out of pocket maximum and their network of doctors and hospitals yearly.
The Most Popular Plans: F, G, N
- Plan F = 100% hospital coverage – 100% outpatient. No deductibles, copays or percentages.
- Plan G = 100% hospital coverage – $226 annual outpatient deductible then 100% coverage.
- Plan N = 100% hospital – $226 outpatient deductible then $20 copay per outpatient visit.
ARE YOU NEW TO MEDICARE? If so, Blue Shield will discount your Medicare Supplement premium by $25 per month for the first 12 months you are on your Blue Shield Medicare Supplement Plan (Plans F & G ).
California Birthday Rule: If you are currently on a Medicare Supplement policy with any other company, you are able to switch to a different company with the same plan or one with less benefits guaranteed, regardless of health status. This rule allows you to enroll in the new company on the month of your birthday and moving forward 60 days. This is a great time to switch to a company with lower premiums for the same coverage.
Dental – Blue Shield also offers PPO and HMO dental plans with a large network of dentists and dental specialists to choose from.